A hearty welcome to you!
We are happy that you are visiting our home page!
- The Herz-Journal 1/2018 was published on March 1, 2018 >>
- New foto galleries on various activities of the Federal Association and the district groups Gänserndorf, Hollabrunn, Horn, Krems, Mödling, St. Pölten, Tulln and Waidhofen/Y in November, December 17 and January 18. Read the respective reports in the new edition of the Herz-Journal 18/1. >>
- The extraordinary General Meeting for the re-election of the board took place on February 6, 2018, at 10 am. >>
- Foto gallery of the extraordinary General Meeting >>
- Miscellaneous information and offers >>
Who we are:
We are a community with first-hand experience and we have made it our task to help heart patients to learn to live with their disease and to raise awareness about cardiovascular risk factors amongst heart risk patients and healthy people who wish to remain in good health.
That is why we have teamed up as a self-help group.
What we do:
We offer diverse services for our members and their relatives:
A medical Advisory Board of recognized experts in cardiology and heart surgery supports us regularly. Medical topics concerning the cardiovascular health are covered in lectures and group conversations.
FIRST AID COURSES
We offer regular courses for our members and their relatives to become first aid helpers regarding cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the use of a defibrillator.
Correctly applied immediate actions can save heart patients from sudden cardiac death.
This website contains, amongst others, detailed information about the organization and activities of the Heart Association in Lower Austria (Niederösterreich, NÖ), many important links to other websites and extensive photo galleries.
The Heart Journal is the magazine of the NÖ Heart Association and is published four times a year. It contains various reports, especially on cardiovascular health and healthy eating, articles on first aid and topics of similar nature, as well as reports on events of the district groups.
We offer weekly workouts with special exercises for out-patient rehabilitation of cardiovascular patients and prophylaxis for people at heart-risk.
Furthermore, there are hiking programs with various degrees of difficulty.
THE COMMUNITY IS IMPORTANT
In personal conversations with similarly affected people many experiences are shared and your own fears can be reduced. Good intentions are carried out much more easily within the community. Especially regarding physical activities, the community is an important amplifier of motivation.
WE DO SOMETHING FOR OUR HEART BEFORE IT DOES NOTHING FOR US.